Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Meet The Trainer


I'd like to introduce you to Jason Boland, the trainer that will be teaching us all things Millennium. Katie told me Jason was "funny and friendly" and after reading his responses to my questions, I have to agree. Jason's responses to my questions are below in orange...


Personal Stats:

Place of birth: The maternity ward of a hospital

Family: Occasionally

Current hometown: Atlantis. It's a heck of commute and my fingers are constantly wrinkled, but we get great seafood.

Jason, inquiring minds want to know...

When you visit Chicago, what's your favorite thing to do? I have lots of friends who have visited Chicago and raved about this one restaurant. I think it's called McDonalds.

When it comes to training, what's the best part for you (as an instructor)? The second part. No, wait the third part. Definitely the third part.

What do you think will be the biggest challenge for our staff? Getting through the door. I plan to seal it shut with Super Glue.

As a student, what is the one thing we should know? The alphabet. Trust me, it will really help a lot.

Ok, Jason, let's get personal...fill in the blank.

If stranded on a desert island, I'd bring... an entire civilization to keep me company
As a child, I always thought I'd... get the opportunity to fill out this survey.
In my free time, I'm... an inventor. Among my best work are the solar-powered flashlight and the inflatable dart board.
Secretly, no one knows I'm... completely devoid of imagination.

And, of course...

What's your favorite snack? (This is, after all, I luv Snacks!) Fruit, cheese and chocolate. I'm smart enough to come up with a straight answer when necessary.

And that, folks, is Jason. Do you have any questions for Jason? Leave them below!

5 comments:

Jeanne said...

Jason,

Do you have a dog?

Barb said...

Just a comment on the piece...

Jason's answers DEFINITELY made me chuckle! I only hope the training he gives us is half as entertaining. He seems like a very clever guy, or our gal Erin takes some editing liberties (or both)?!?!?!

:-)

Laura said...

Jason,

Interesting answers to our questions, here are a few more:

How long have you worked at your present position?

What is your academic background?

Will you be visiting/training us in person?

I look forward to your responses. :)

Cook Memorial Public Library District said...

Barb, all of Jason's comments are his own. No editing liberties taken!

Laura, in response to your questions, Jason has an MLS and a BS in computer science. He worked in a library for ten years before starting at Innovative. Jason has been with Innovative for eight years now, and has worked in customer service, product management and training services. He is based out of California, but will be in Chicago for some of the training sessions.

I have no idea if he has a dog...

Cook Memorial Public Library District said...

this just in...jason does not have a dog. any other questions?