Thursday, August 2, 2007

Great Service Comes From the Heart



Hopefully Andrea will forgive me for stepping on her Queen of Inspiration toes. She's on vacation so maybe she's having too much fun to notice...

I met Marcy Rodriguez, the new Senior Manager of Youth, Outreach and Branch Services yesterday. She's nice and smart, and I predict she'll fit right in. While we were talking about telephones and network drives, she commented about how friendly and welcoming the staff has been to her.

I felt so proud to work at Cook Memorial Public Library District. We are friendly and the little extra efforts we each make every day create an environment with a personal touch that is rare and it was nice to know that it makes a difference.

Then today I saw a short video that illustrated what's special about our library. It tells the story of how one employee transformed the grocery store he worked at. It demonstrates that small gestures can make a large impact. When it was over, I thought about our library and I felt compelled to share it all with you. With so much change going on, I find that some days I feel a little rough around the edges. Stories like this help me through the tough spots.

If you have a inspirational library story to tell, feel free to share it with a comment!

2 comments:

Jeanne said...

Katie,
you are a person who effects a good response in every person you smile and greet

Andrea J. said...

Step into inspiration anytime, Katie. My toes are pretty tough. Thanks for reminding me why I love coming to work at this place (and why I even came in on my vacation last week)!