Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Philosophy Debate



Today, deep in the basement of the Cook Park library, an important philosphical debate could be heard. Logic, emotions, blood, sweat and tears came out, as staff members struggled to answer the timeless question: what is your favorite letter in the word millennium...and why?


Continue on for actual excerpts from today's debate...

"My favorite letter in Millennium is the I, because it kind of looks like a lollipop, which is fitting because its a snack"-- Andrea Johnson

"The letter M. It's peaceful to me, kind of like the OM sound. Not the first M, but the last M because then it's Millenni-OM" --Donna Krause

"N, it's clean and has a certain simplicity. And it's more efficient then an M" --Katie Olsen

"I like the letter L--it's fun to write,"--Carol Hubert

"L, because it's tall and thin and I always wanted to be tall and thin,"--Winnie Collins

"Among all the double letters, the E stands alone. And it sounds like electronic" --Pam Skittino

"The letter I looks like an upside exclamation point, which is fitting because we are all excited about Millennium"--Nancy Hart

"L--it was my husband's first initial and it's a double letter. It sort of looks like railroad tracks...LaLaLaLaLaLa"--Barb Jarvis

Now it's your turn, readers. What's your favorite letter in millennium and why? Comment!


bonus points: the picture on the left contains 26 letters from famous logos (many of which are famous snacks!). Can you name all 26?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

M...MMM is my favorite because it makes me think of the sound I make when I'm having a tasty snack!

Andrea J. said...

I think I've got A, C, E, F, I, K, LMNOPQRST, W, Y and Z. Sadly, only 18.

Debbie C. said...

N is my favorite because I'm a spelling freak and lots of people don't realize that Millennium has two N's. I'm apparently not a snacking freak because I only figured out 4 of the letter brand names! Debbie Colodny

Jeanne said...

M FOR m&m'S OF COURSE mmmmmmm

Cook Memorial Public Library District said...

A: ALL
B: BUBBLICIOUS
C: CAMPBELLS
D: DAWN
E: EGGO
F: FRITOS
G: GATORADE
H: HEBREW NATIONAL
I: ICE
J: JELLO (SUGAR FREE)
K: KOOLAID
L: LYSOL
M: M N M’S
N: NILLA WAFERS
O: OREO
P: PEZ
Q: Q-TIPS
R: REESE’S
S: STARBURST
T: TIDE
U: UNCLE BEN’S
V: V8
W: WISK
X: XTRA LAUNDRY DETERGENT
Y: YORK PEPPERMINT PATTIES
Z: ZEST