Thursday, December 6, 2007

Mr/Ms Millennium Challenge #2


For the second part of the Mr/Ms Millennium Contest, we challenged our contestants to contact their inner-advertising spirit. We asked them to create an ILS slogan that we could use in public, that would get patrons excited to try Millennium. Our rules were simple:
the phrase can be short, long, asinine, funny, sweet, simple, bizarre, abstract, interesting, technical, inviting, invigorating...the possibilities were endless.
This is what the candidates came up with...
Katie Oakes:
It's better than chocolate, and fat free: Millennium!
Dave Archer:
I like “I heart Millennium.” Short & sweet. Another option is to incorporate some of the features of Millennium into the catchphrase. As you know, one of the features of Millennium is called ‘My Millennium’ which allows patrons to maintain reading lists, preferred searches, RSS feeds, manage reserves, etc. In the lead up to launch, we can promote ‘My Millennium Coming Soon’ or ‘Your Millennium Unveiled Valentine’s Day’ followed by ‘You’ll *heart it!’ (hmm...I think this is more than one slogan, Dave!)

Deb Lindahl:
Before Millennium, my life was like *Clem Kadiddlehopper...after Millennium, I am living like Sugar Kane from "Some Like it Hot!"
(*Baby Boomers will recognize this name from a clown character Red Skelton played way back when!)
What do you think? What's your favorite slogan? Or...can you think of a better slogan? Comment below!

3 comments:

Jeanne said...

I like them all...can't chose

Libertyville History Blogger said...

"Better than chocolate" is a high standard to live up to, but I like the "fat free" idea. I vote for Katie.

Anonymous said...

Anything with Clem Kadiddlehopper in it works for me.